Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Macadamia, Plumeria & Ginger


On September 13th I planted 10 Macadamia seeds. Today is exactly 4 weeks and 5 days. Two seeds have sprouted, but only one has anything above the soil. They supposedly take up to six weeks to sprout. Good thing I bought two packets if the germination rate is only 20% after almost five weeks!

These past few days I also found my red plumeria cutting had rotted completely :( I was really disappointed as the red is so beautiful! The white one is fine, knock on wood! It hasn't rooted yet tho.

The Ginger I brought back from Hawai'i is growing like a weed, which is to be expected! It will outgrow my lights soon as well as the little pot I have it started in! I can't wait for this beautiful Ginger to bloom as it has really pretty flowers that are different from normal Ginger flowers!

No comments: