Thursday, August 22, 2013

Vacation Goodies & Corpse Flower



On my trip to Seattle this month I picked up a few plant related items! I know, shocking, right? ;) I had been seeing people on my hot pepper group use these grow bags for their plants. Well I found one with a similar idea, except more breatheable (the others were plastic) at my favorite place, Sky Nursery! I thought I would give it a try and got a 5 gallon size. I also picked up seeds of two different types of pumpkins, milkweed and edamame seeds. The edamame and Japanese pumpkin seeds I got at Uwajimaya. I figured they ought to be authentic enough! Can't wait to try these out next year!


My corn is finally flowering!




I forget what types of bean this is...pole bean? Anyhow, they were fresh, tender and delicious in the pot roast I made yesterday!


Amorphophallus titanium in bloom for the first time at Phipps Conservatory! 




No comments: