Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Orchid Society Holiday Party

The orchid society party went well. That was last Sunday. Nice theme, Hawaii, wish we could all be there! Great food as always! Somehow, I think gardeners know how to cook and eat! It was a good time, but I was a bit bummed out from the night before, my own holiday party where hardly anyone showed up. I didn't feel like being very social. I did however, win a door prize. A Cycd. Jumbo Puff 'Jumbo Orchids' SM/TOGA! I was told mine was blooming the female flowers and luckily, someone brought in one in bloom with male flowers so I had a short lesson on how to tel l the difference! As usual, the female flowers aren't quite as showy as the males and they have bigger (what I call) "shields" (the lip). Hope I don't kill this unique orchid! Looks like it will like my semi-hydroponic (SH) media though!

From Orchids



No comments: