Tonight I decided to tackle making my pot skirts for the orchid show next month. I had a heck of a time getting the tension right and had to ask for help! I finally got it close to right, except I think I measured the fabric a bit too tight. It will work, but only for the types of pots I use! I will need to make some other sizes too. The elastic proved tricky, but I got the hang of it after a few missed pieces!
Tomorrow is an orchid meeting so I probably won't have time to do more, but I may cut up more fabric so they are ready to be sewn just so I have an excuse to not put away my mess in the livingroom! :) I so need a craft room! Well...I do have a room that I could use for stuff like this, but it's no where near warm enough for me to hang out there for long periods of time! Plus there isn't exactly a table in there that I could use. I could haul one up there, but bringing one up from the basement to that attic room is a bit much! Not sure where I would put it anyhow...if only that bed wasn't there! In the five years we've lived in this house that bed has been used ONCE! So not worth having it in that room!