Saturday, July 25, 2015

Succulents

One of my mysterious succulents bloomed again! This time I was able to get the name of it! Orbea variegata! It's quite a large flower....2-2.5" in diameter and very pretty! I have not tried smelling it. It seems to only attract very small flying insects. The petals are quite leathery.

I've had this one forever! I was given a 6-8" start of this on my 18th birthday from a friend. When I moved, I took a start of it with me and gave the plant to a good friend of mine. You should see that original plant now! It's just gorgeous! I've had it for 18 years now and I have also shared with lots of others. This one is Huerna schneideriana. The flowers are about 3/4" in diameter. Waxy flowers with no odor detected. Apparently these plants are only male or female and this one is a female. I believe the Orbea above is a female also.

No comments: