Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall is Creeping Up...

The cooler weather has hit Pittsburgh. It rained all weekend till the late afternoon today. Finally managed to take the dog out for a walk and as we were on our walk more and more evidence that fall was on its way was showing. When I got home I checked the forecast and just as I thought...the nighttime temperatures were getting down into the 40s & 50s. Time to move the orchids back indoors! As many plants as I gave away/sold this summer it seems I have more plants than before...even Justin noticed as he was watching the football game while I hauled my plants back inside. I was good this year, I promise! But we are dealing with living things and they do grow....so I may have less plants this year, but they are bigger and bushier! Some I have propagated so I must find homes for those. Most of the plants are inside now with the except of a few...those that need a chill or that I have not found room for them or do not want them to go dormant just quite yet! It will take some juggling....

No comments: