Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weeds

It's been raining non-stop for days now! There doesn't seem to be an end in sight either. :( The one thing nice is that it has made the clay soil really soft so weeding has been fairly easy. I just need to take enough out each time that I am weeding faster than they are growing! I think the corn gluten has worn off. Again, I believe I maybe put the stuff on too late? Although it hasn't even been a year yet since I started this whole sustainable gardening thing and it supposedly takes about two years for the corn gluten to work wonderfully. We'll see!

With all this rain the grass was like 10" tall! Cutting it was a challenge and we weren't able to cut it any sooner since it was....you guessed it! RAINING! Ugh...I keep trying to tell myself "It's better than snow!", but seriously, when is enough, enough?! We're on flood watch here near the water. Did mother nature miss the memo of "April showers bring May flowers"? Hello?! It's MAY! Yeah, I'm a bit irritated by all the wet stuff!

No comments: