Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring!

While the spring equinox doesn't arrive till the 20th it is currently
56*F right now and most of the snow has melted. Even my hose has
thawed out! I was finally able to rinse my car of the salt it had
accumulated since the last visit to the car wash.

Today I noticed my daffodils, hyacinths & allium have made their
presence known! I think winter is finally behind us! February's four
feet of snow was enough!

Because the snow has receded from my garlic patch, I was finally able
to plant my sugar snap peas! Planted all I had left from the packet I
bought, but I also planted the seeds I saved last year. It'll be
interesting to see if my saved seeds do well too!

The snow had also receded some from my front yard and I was able to
plant some radish seeds to improve the soil. I should've planted some
in the backyard too, but didn't think about it at the time! Maybe when
I get home I will do so if there is enough daylight left to see still.

Anyhow, on my way to the home show to volunteer for Phipps!

No comments: